Thursday, September 3, 2009

Smush Crackers


I made a variation on some crackers I made for Cameron a while back. I substituted 1 cup of oatmeal baby cereal for the called for 1 cup of all purpose flour. I also thinned out the dough. I did this because the last crackers, while good, didn't have the texture I wanted. They were the kind of teething biscuit that a baby can gnaw on forever and not get a bite off. That's great when you're afraid they'll choke but now I want crackers he can actually eat. These turned out puffy and crispy and good. I even had a few.

Set oven to 425

1 Cup Rice Cereal (the baby kind)
1 Cup Oatmeal Cereal (the baby kind)
3 Tablespoons of oil
Ice Water.

I put the cereal and oil in a sandwich bag and mixed up. Then I added water a little at a time till I got the consistency I wanted. The dough could hold shapes but didn't need to be rolled out. Then I cut the corner off the baggie and squeezed out dollops of dough on to my baking stone. Then I just smushed each dollop till it was pretty thin and baked for 10-12 minutes until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment